Thursday, February 21, 2008

Welcome to Borneo Stamps

I think it's more fun to share what I have got and what I have got to say with the world wide web rather than to keep everything to myself!

I am a stamp collector, closer to a philatelist over a typical stamp collector actually, even though the line between the two is never properly defined. I study, invest and hunt for stamps, occasionally covers, of Sarawak, North Borneo and pre-1997 Hong Kong. I also have a relatively extensive collection of British Commonwealth countries' complete sets - those bearing Queen Elizabeth II. Having lived in Australia for more than half a decade, it is not surprisingly that I also at times take on board Australian stamps. I picked up a complete Mint Not Hinged Australian collection up until 1983, and I have a particular fancy for the 1988 Living Together definitive series as well.

I am going to share some of my collection, some of what I know, some items I find interesting on online auctions etc here on this blog.

... and oh, I am slowly going into numismatics. I am starting to collect old and new Uncirculated Malaysia, Sarawak and British Borneo bank notes as well.

Cheers,
Charles

1 comment: